And here we are, another week gone without much to show for it. A couple more people declining to hire me, as per usual. Eaten a fair number of cookies. Read in the sun some. Visited the beach (yay beach, that’s what has been lacking my whole summer so far). Had a typical rainy, kinda chilly day. The calendar rolls on, as it is often wont to do, and there’s nothing I can do about it.
I have enjoyed spending some more time with the kitties. I have not taken new pictures and for that, I apologize. But rest assured, they continue to give me life simply by existing. Cats are just so, so good. Beautiful and soft and I love them.
I was reading a blog post the other day; it was a very good, emotional coming out story. The author used the phrase “using the internet to uplift” almost in passing–referring to small ways that we can help those we don’t even realize are suffering. Thinking about ways to uplift, on the internet and otherwise.
Once again, there are so many current event-news kind of things that I could talk about but honestly, I just don’t have the mental energy at this time. So I’m going to refrain. I’m confident my readers are aware of at least the most egregious transgressions, lies, and inflammatory conduct. So this week, I’ll let it rest.
I thought maybe for this week I could address you, reader, in a more direct kind of way. No need to actually comment or respond but if you’d like, I think that would be cool. This is a community of sorts so it would be nice to take a moment to get to know each other. Some random facts about me and you may submit your own answers (and rebuttals to mine) in written form, verbally, or simply in the confines of your own mind. Let’s get to know each other.
- Where do you not mind waiting? Dappled shade on a warm, breezy day, sitting on a bench. That’s my summer answer, at least.
- What is your favorite part of the human face? My first instinct was to say glasses. My second was hair style. Neither of those are face parts, I guess I’d go with facial hair, because face is in the name. And if that doesn’t count, jawline. Wait, favorite or most attractive?
- What is your favorite color? Yellow, always has been and always will be.
- Would you rather look like a potato or feel like a potato? This one’s easy, since I already feel like a potato and don’t love it.
- What makes someone a hero? Lots of thoughts but, first and shortest answer is one who performs justice with great compassion.
- Why is your middle name your middle name? It’s a whole middle initial issue from my mom, and it’s also my uncle’s middle name.
- What is your favorite jelly bean flavor? Juicy pear. Has not always been but has been for many years at this point.
- What is your favorite thing to create? A few things I guess, but the one that I thought of first is maps. I have always loved drawing my own fantasy maps.
- How quickly do you go through a box of cereal? I don’t typically buy cereal when I’m living my normal life so if I get a box, it’s because I need it. Usually lasts a day.
- What are your personality types? INFJ, 5w4, several others that I can’t think of. I love personality tests and feel those categorizations fit me relatively well, but I don’t really put much stock in them.
- Which is your least favorite US state? West Virginia.
- When was the last time you cried? As I was just recently telling my sister, I often cry first thing in the morning. Or rather, my eyes water a lot when I first wake up. Don’t know why.
- Who is your favorite movie star? You know most favorites are hard for me. I like attractive men more than their acting ability, how about that.
- What makes people perfect for each other? I’ve no idea but I’ve an inkling it’s more about shared values that shared interests or personality types.
- Where is your happy place? Two options. A mental image of mountain, lake, and forest that came to me when singing ‘Aká si mi krásna’ in Bojnice Castle, Slovakia. Or Glen Cove, for indiscernible reasons.
So how about you?